Spanish course for Au Pairs in Murcia
Discover the world through the eyes of a local family while improving your Spanish and growing as a person
Being an au pair gives you a unique opportunity to immerse yourself in Spanish culture and be taught Spanish in an authentic environment. Broaden your horizons, make lasting connections and acquire valuable skills for your future, all while enjoying an unforgettable au pair experience in Murcia.
Our international Spanish language school does not operate as an au pair agency, but we will help you find a friendly and supportive Spanish host family before your arrival. Please note that we can only offer this service in the city of Murcia.
Other schools provide Spanish courses. We offer experiences!
Spanish course for Au Pairs
€ 39 inscription fee and € 37 first batch of books.
What does the Spanish course for au pairs in Murcia consist of?
It is a course designed so that you can learn, even if you only have a few hours per week. Some au pairs are free in the mornings and others are free in the afternoons, so our Spanish course is adapted to your needs and free time so that you can attend our Spanish classes and develop your language skills.
Please contact us to check the availability of your schedule and ours.
With our Spanish course you will develop communication skills for your studies, work and day-to-day life, including speaking, listening, reading and writing, with an intensive programme to improve your confidence as quickly as possible, to be able to communicate fluently with your host family and to improve your CV.
The course will be taught in a relaxed and fun environment, with interactive and practical activities to help you improve your understanding and use of Spanish. By the end of the course, you will have a better understanding of the Spanish language and increased confidence when communicating in Spanish.
What contents are covered in the course?
The classes cover all aspects of the Spanish language such as conversation, grammar, pronunciation and vocabulary, especially focusing on real-world situations that you will face in everyday life.
You will have everything you need to reach a level of Spanish that will help you in your tasks as an au pair and complement the learning that you already acquire naturally by living and interacting with the members of your family in Murcia.
What are its objectives?
The main objectives of this course are:
- Acquire simple vocabulary to apply in everyday situations.
- Expand your use of Spanish in a concrete and clear communicative context.
- Practise verb tenses in an expanded and applied context.
- Learn the application of important elements in context, such as discourse connectors, the verbs ser and estar, and time markers.
- Produce sentence constructions of different types to be applied in social and professional contexts: analysing, discussing issues, etc.
And do you know what benefits you will get from taking this course?
This course provides teaching resources so that you can learn in a fun and effective way, both in class and at home. Here are some examples of the benefits of doing a Spanish course for au pairs:
- Improve your language skills: taking Spanish classes, living with a local family and taking care of their children will give you the opportunity to practice and improve your Spanish skills.
- Opportunity to immerse yourself in a new culture: as an au pair, you will have the opportunity to live and work with a host family which will allow you to get to know and experience a new culture first hand.
- Personal development: being an au pair involves taking on a great deal of responsibility, which will help you develop leadership, problem-solving and effective communication skills.
- International connections: Being an au pair and, at the same time, studying Spanish at our international school will allow you to meet people from all over the world, which will give you the opportunity to make lasting international connections.
- Maintenance and accommodation: As an au pair you will be provided with accommodation and maintenance by your host family, which will allow you to save money while experiencing a new culture.
What level of Spanish is required to enrol?
No prior knowledge of Spanish is required to enrol in our course because it is designed for beginners and advanced students, and it is adapted to your level of knowledge after an interview and a level test that you can take online or in person.
What is the price of the Spanish course for au pairs in Murcia?
The price of this intensive Spanish course in Murcia is €590, although don’t forget that there is a one-off registration fee of €39 for any of our courses, regardless of the course(s) you take at our school.
Does this course include extracurricular activities?
The programme not only provides Spanish language skills, which is essential for any foreign student, but in addition to classes in small groups of three to 10 students, we offer cultural immersion activities such as visits to museums, plans to learn about Murcian and Spanish gastronomy, cooking classes, sports activities, and guided tours of the city centre to discover the historical routes and the most emblematic buildings in Murcia. All these activities will be programmed according to the number of students interested.
Do you still have doubts about being an au pair or not?
Well, here is a list of the advantages and disadvantages of being an au pair from our experience:
- It is the cheapest way to live abroad for a period of time.
- Improve your Spanish skills.
- You’ll be part of a local family.
- It will help you become independent and mature.
- You will meet people from different countries at our Spanish school.
- You will learn about our culture and share yours with others.
- You will work with children.
- You will improve your CV by adding international experience.
- You will have to adapt to the lifestyle of another family.
- Working with children can sometimes be complicated.
- Sometimes it is difficult to separate “work” from family life and to recognise free time.
- Family should be a priority over travel, parties and get-togethers.
Frequently Asked Questions
The Spanish course for au pairs covers the basics of the Spanish language, such as grammar, vocabulary, pronunciation, listening and reading comprehension. Topics related to Spanish culture are also included.
No previous level of Spanish is required to enrol in the course. The course is designed for beginners and is adapted to students according to their level of knowledge.
It is recommended that students bring an exercise book, a notebook and a Spanish dictionary. Support materials such as textbooks, exercises and activities will also be provided.