These days that you’re spending at home or if you’re in Murcia, wouldn’t you like to have a document certifying your level of Spanish? You have several options, both in-person and online, to suit your needs. Certify your Spanish proficiency and open doors to the world!
If you’re enthusiastic about learning new languages or enhancing your language abilities, certifying your Spanish proficiency through an exam is an excellent way to demonstrate your skills and stand out in today’s globalized and competitive world. We’ll show you why certifying your Spanish proficiency is a smart decision and how to do it by evaluating the four main skills: listening comprehension, oral expression, reading comprehension, and written expression, according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
Here are some more frequently asked questions:
What is the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR)?
The CEFR is an international standard used to assess and certify language proficiency. It divides language learning into several levels, from A1 (beginner) to C2 (complete mastery), facilitating the comparison of skills in different languages and in various places worldwide.
What are the advantages of certifying your Spanish proficiency?
- Better academic opportunities: If you’re interested in studying at a Spanish-speaking university or taking courses in Spanish, having a certification of your proficiency level will help you access higher-quality study programs.
- Expanded job opportunities: In an increasingly globalized and competitive world, Spanish is a valuable asset in the job market. Certification will open doors for working in international companies, especially in the fields of translation, interpretation, or international trade.
- Facilitates visa and work permit acquisition: In many countries, having a Spanish proficiency certificate will make it easier to obtain visas and work permits as it demonstrates your ability to communicate in the local language.
- Personal and cultural development: Learning a language is not just a practical tool; it’s also a window to new cultures, perspectives, and ways of thinking. Certifying your Spanish proficiency is tangible proof of your commitment to diversity and your willingness to connect with people worldwide.
How to certify your Spanish proficiency?
To officially certify your Spanish proficiency, you can opt for internationally recognized exams such as DELE (Diploma of Spanish as a Foreign Language) or SIELE (International Service of Spanish Language Evaluation). These exams cost between €125 to €225, depending on the country and the exam level. However, our certificate costs €55. Our exams also assess the four key skills: listening comprehension, oral expression, reading comprehension, and written expression. If you want to know more about these skills, read below.
So, what recognition does the Instituto Hispánico certificate have?
The international recognition of a private Spanish school with over 20 years of experience. Official documents, as mentioned above, are only delivered by the Instituto Cervantes.
What are the 4 language skills?
- Listening comprehension: This section assesses your ability to understand spoken Spanish. Listening to Spanish music, watching movies or TV programs, and conversing with native speakers will help improve this skill.
- Oral expression: Practicing conversation with native speakers or study partners is essential. You might also consider taking online conversation classes or joining language exchange groups.
- Reading comprehension: Reading books, newspapers, blogs, and other texts in Spanish is fundamental. Start with material adapted to your level and gradually progress to more complex texts.
- Written expression: Regularly writing in Spanish is crucial. Keeping a journal, sending emails to Spanish-speaking friends, or participating in online forums are excellent ways to improve your writing skills.
How long does the Instituto Hispánico exam take?
- Oral interaction: 15 minutes
- Listening comprehension: 15 minutes
- Reading comprehension: 45 minutes
- Written comprehension: 45 minutes
Where and when can I take it?
At our school either in-person or online throughout the year. Contact us here to coordinate and establish the date and time of the exam.
How do I register?
Write to us to choose the date and time of the exam. We will contact you immediately. You can pay the fees by bank transfer, PayPal, or with your credit card through a secure payment gateway.
How much does the exam cost?
€55 taxes included.
If the exam is online, we will set up a connection via Zoom, Skype, or WhatsApp 15 minutes before the agreed time to ensure everything works correctly. If it’s in-person, we’ll arrange a room for you and your examiner. You’ll have several minutes of rest between exam sections.
We’ll be able to send it to you via email within a maximum of one week. If you prefer, we can also send it by postal mail (costs not included).