Individual Spanish course in Murcia
Do you need a high quality Spanish course to learn in a short period of time?
These classes are designed to meet the needs of any individual student or any university, college, school, company or group with a specific interest.
Students who apply for this course have specific and very individual needs, which we identify through an interview on arrival and a placement test.
You can take as many classes per day or week as you wish, change the timetable or cancel the class if you let us know 24 hours in advance, and don’t forget that these classes last 60 minutes.
Other schools provide Spanish courses. We offer experiences!
We offer a personalised programme adapted to the needs and abilities of each student, with private classes and intensive learning. With these classes you can also prepare for the DELE exam, recognised by the Instituto Cervantes, and the SIELE exam, and achieve excellent results.
You will have a teacher who is ready to work with you individually; in other words, all class time will be dedicated to you and your particular needs.
Individual lessons give you the opportunity to be motivated, feel more important and be ready to complete the course.
What are the main benefits?
At school or university, we are usually taught in large groups by a single teacher who sets the pace for everyone. This is simply an economic necessity and makes practical sense in many ways.
But while peer learning (educational practice in which students interact with other students to achieve educational goals) is important and being part of a class can be fun, education experts agree that one-to-one learning is often more effective and beneficial.
- A Spanish teacher exclusively for you, with whom you will have direct interaction and who will adapt to your needs.
- You will be able to keep a closer track of your progress.
- Flexible timetable and classes, with the possibility of changing or postponing classes if you let us know 24 hours before your class.
- You will avoid distractions during class.
- Less stress and a more pleasant atmosphere. No “competition” with other students.
- Affordable prices and substantial discounts if you book a package of lessons.
Is it better to take individual Spanish classes or group classes?
In a one-to-one setting, your teacher can focus on your individual needs. This creates a supportive environment were areas for improvement are more easily revealed. This means that mistakes can be corrected immediately.
Through individual classes we will help you to improve your learning development. They say that Spanish students who take one-to-one classes improve their skills considerably more than students who take Spanish classes in a group.
You will see that there are many more advantages than disadvantages to taking individual lessons. Here are the main ones:
- Students have the constant attention of the teacher, so they can listen and speak more Spanish than they would in a group setting.
- Students can contribute more to classes and feel part of the learning process by bringing material such as books, songs or articles from local newspapers to class.
- Their strengths and weaknesses are addressed more consistently and comprehensively without competition from other students for the teacher’s time.
- There are fewer time constraints, so you can go at your own pace and not feel pressured by the progress of other students.
- According to the Natural Method, as suggested by the famous linguist Stephen Krashen, students acquire language best through the teacher’s modified input. This means that the teacher adapts their language to the level of the student, and in individual lessons, the teacher can maximise the amount and type of input to benefit the student.
- There is a potential for burnout, as you may be in constant interaction in an unnatural way with the teacher.
- It can be difficult to measure progress with no other students to compare with and the possible lack of a curriculum.
- The lesson format can become monotonous if the teacher does not have the confidence to experiment with changes of pace and type of activity. They might assume that a student would not be open to activities such as dictation, songs, moving around the class, exercises, etc.
How often should you have individual lessons?
This course is perfect for people who have a job, are studying or have busy schedules. One of the main benefits of individual lessons is their flexibility.
What do we mean by “flexibility”? You can have as many classes as you need every day or as many days per week as you want, although we don’t recommend more than two hours at a time without a break because your brain switches off and learning slows down.
However, at first glance, you might think the most important thing is the number of hours of tuition, but it’s about quality not quantity. So, if you have between two or more hours a day with your teacher, nothing can stop you achieving your goals.
How much do individual lessons cost?
The price of individual lessons varies from €40 to €28 for one hour because there are special and very important discounts if you book a package of hours to be used as you wish.
You may find other places where you can take individual classes for less money, but we think this is a fair price for a quality education.
1 hour = €40
10 hours = €320
20 hours = €560
1 hour = €49
10 hours = €390
20 hours = €680
1 hour = €57
10 hours = €490
20 hours = €780
How do the teachers at the Instituto Hispánico de Murcia teach Spanish?
Our teachers are native Spanish speakers, experienced in teaching Spanish as a foreign language and are DELE examiners, the official exam of the Instituto Cervantes.
Although there are many different ways to teach effectively, our teachers have several qualities in common:
- They are prepared
- They are experienced
- They set clear and fair expectations
- They have a positive attitude
- They are patient with students and evaluate their teaching on a regular basis.
- In short: they are very good teachers
And why should you choose the Instituto Hispánico de Murcia to learn Spanish?
Studying at our international Spanish language school will give you the best possible Spanish learning experience. Why choose us? For many reasons, including:
- We are accredited by the Instituto Cervantes, which guarantees the quality of our teaching. Our school is internationally recognised and committed to quality and continuous improvement.
- Experience: we have more than 20 years of experience teaching Spanish to people from all over the world, of all ages, of all beliefs, of all sexes and of all races. We are open to ALL without discrimination.
- We have an excellent team and highly qualified teachers in the teaching of Spanish as a foreign language, which guarantees that our students learn and improve their level of Spanish in an effective and natural way.
- As a small school, we are able to dedicate more time and resources to each student, allowing us to offer a personalised and effective learning experience.
- We are based in the centre of Murcia, making it easy for our students to access and enjoy all that this beautiful city has to offer.
- Our school is adapted with access for people with reduced mobility.
- There is a wide variety of courses in the morning, afternoon and evening, except for weekends, when we go to the beach to relax and sunbathe. In addition, many courses can be taken online.
- Our prices are very competitive.
It is also very important to know that very few people in Murcia speak English, so you will have many more opportunities to practise Spanish in your day to day life. Practice makes perfect, right?
In addition, we are proud to rely on the satisfaction of our students as the best proof of the quality of our work. At the end of the course they share their highly positive opinions on our social networks, which demonstrates the high level of satisfaction they experience during their Spanish learning with us.
Thanks to the positive feedback from our international students, we have received an average rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars in independent Google reviews. This motivates us to continue working with dedication and commitment to offer the best Spanish learning experience.
We look forward to seeing you at our school!
The teachers are native Spanish speakers and have experience in teaching Spanish as a foreign language.
We offer a customized program adapted to the needs and abilities of each student, with private lessons and intensive learning.
At the end of the course, students can obtain the DELE certification (Diploma of Spanish as a Foreign Language) and also have the opportunity to receive recognition from the Instituto Cervantes.