Spanish course for the Selectividad / PCE exam
Do you want to take the Selectividad exam in Spain?
At Instituto Hispánico de Murcia we offer you a specific Spanish course so that you can prepare for Selectividad or PCE (Pruebas de Competencias Específicas) with confidence, so don’t worry if you don’t speak Spanish very well. Our Selectividad or PCE preparation course is your best tool to pass the exam successfully. With expert teachers and a tailor-made programme, you will prepare with confidence and certainty.
Additionally, our school is accredited by the Instituto Cervantes and you will be able to apply for your study visa without any problem. Come and see us and take the first step towards your academic future in Spain!
Other schools provide Spanish courses. We offer experiences!
What does this preparation course for Selectividad or PCE consist of?
It consists of two parts:
- 14 weeks of language preparation in Spanish up to level B1. Timetable from Monday to Friday 10.00h to 14.00h (subject to change).
- From 18 September to 22 December 2023
- or from 2 October 2023 to 5 January 2024
- 5 months of specific preparation in the subjects selected for your exam. Timetable from Monday to Friday from 09.00h to 14.00h. This timetable includes Spanish language classes and tutorials.
- From 7 January to 31 May 2024
Our Selectividad preparation course will help you familiarise yourself with the exam and give you the tools you need to succeed. We know that this exam can be stressful, so we have designed a programme that will allow you to study efficiently and at your own pace. We will work step by step, making sure you understand everything you need to know.
Our expert teachers will guide you through each topic of the Selectividad exam and provide you with high-quality study materials, including textbooks and practice exercises. You will learn how the exam works, what kind of questions are asked and how you need to answer them to get the best marks.
We will also provide you with useful tips and tricks to ensure you have the best chance of success. In addition, our course focuses not only on exam content, but also on developing key skills to succeed at university.
You will learn how to manage your time, how to take effective notes, how to work in a team and how to communicate effectively.
We also offer online classes, so you can study in the comfort of your own home.
Our course will not only help you prepare for the Selectividad / PCE, but will also give you the confidence and skills to succeed at university.
Sign up for our Selectividad preparation course today and start your path to success!
How much does it cost and what does the Selectividad or PCE exam preparation course include?
The full course costs €3500, and does not include:
- €76 registration fee, books and enrolment fee for the Spanish course.
- €134 for the price of the official A2 exam which you can take at our school on the 12th of May.
- €240 for the registration fees for the Selectividad / PCE exams
When can you register?
You can do it from March onwards. And don’t worry, places are not limited.
What is the pass rate in Murcia?
The pass rate for the Selectividad or PCE in Murcia varies from year to year, but, in general, the pass rate tends to be around 95% or more. Bear in mind that it is one of the highest in Spain.
How difficult is the Selectividad / PCE exam?
The difficulty of the Selectividad depends on your level of preparation and the university and degree you want to apply for. In general, it is a rigorous exam that requires a good understanding and handling of the contents of the different subjects of the bachillerato, as well as the ability to reason and analyse information.
At our school you will learn to think critically, solve problems and communicate effectively in Spanish, skills that will be invaluable in any career you choose to pursue.
What level of Spanish do I need to take this exam?
The level of Spanish required to take the Selectividad / PCE exam according to the CEFR (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages) is B1. This means that you must be able to understand and use frequently used everyday expressions and phrases aimed at satisfying specific needs.
Additionally, you should be able to communicate in situations requiring a simple and direct exchange of information on familiar and common topics. It is important that you have a basic knowledge of grammar and vocabulary and are able to write short, simple texts on familiar topics.
Some tips on how to prepare for the Selectividad / PCE exams
- Study every day.
- Do past papers
- Don’t let uncertainty accumulate and don’t get stuck on an issue.
- Take care of your diet and health.
- Get plenty of rest.
- Don’t cram the day before your exam, just refresh your knowledge a bit.
No need to worry, with our intensive Selectividad / PCE course you will achieve the grade you need to access the university degree you want so much. Don’t gamble with your future, and place it in the hands of the best!
Prepare your classes with the best teachers
What advantages does the Instituto Hispánico de Murcia offer for the preparation of the Selectividad / PCE exam?
- Specialist teachers: we have highly qualified teachers who specialise in the different subjects that are assessed in the Selectividad, which allows for more efficient and personalised teaching. They will help you to improve your oral and written comprehension and expression in Spanish, so that you can pass the exam successfully. Don’t wait any longer to start preparing!
- Study material: we will provide you with quality study material, such as notes, books and past papers, which allow for better preparation.
- Revision classes: you will have access to revision classes and tutorials, which will allow you to consolidate the knowledge acquired in class and solve any doubts that may arise.
- Mock exams: we will provide you with mock exams to familiarise you with the format of the test and practise time management.
- Specific preparation: we offer you specific courses for the preparation of certain subjects or for the preparation of the Selectividad, which allows a more specialised preparation adapted to your needs.
If you are about to finish secondary school, you know that there is a big challenge ahead of you: the Selectividad exam. We know it can be overwhelming, but don’t worry, because we’re here to help you get through it successfully.
How do you get into university in Spain?
If you want to study in Murcia or Valencia, you are in luck!
Of all the regions, the Region of Murcia has the easiest entry requirements. You only need to study 4 subjects, and two of them can be English and French, so it’s very easy to get the highest grade.
If you have a secondary school qualification (bachillerato), all you need to do is get it certified by any Spanish education administration and in doing so you will meet the requirements to sit the PCE.
On the other hand, it isn’t necessary to prove your level of Spanish in Murcia or Valencia to take the exam.
The course is divided into two parts: the first is a 14-week linguistic preparation and the second is a 5-month specific preparation of the selected subjects.
The full course costs €3500 and does not include: €76 for registration, books, and enrollment in the Spanish course; €134 for the official A2 level exam fees; €240 for enrollment fees for the selectividad/PCE exam.
The Spanish language level required to take the Selectividad/PCE exam according to the CEFR (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages) is B1.