Spanish course and cooking
Murcian cooking classes, tapas and a Spanish course?
This is an opportunity to improve your Spanish and learning to prepare the outstanding dishes of Mediterranean cuisine. In this one or two-week Spanish course we combine our intensive language course with cooking classes, activities and visits related to food and drink.
Murcian cuisine is a very important part of the world famous Mediterranean diet and known for its delicious and varied "tapas", many of them vegetarian friendly.
Here you will find fresh fish and seafood from the Murcian coast and the Mar Menor, the exquisite olive oil, the best fruit from the east coast and the basic natural ingredients of our national gastronomy.
This course will be taught in a popular tapas bar.
Other schools provide Spanish courses. We offer experiences!
- Spanish and Murcian gastronomy: products and how to use them
- The Mediterranean diet
- Current trends & practices in Spanish cuisine and basic knowledge of new cooking techniques
- Typical & traditional recipes from Spanish and Murcian cuisine
- Technical vocabulary in gastronomy
- Health regulations in the kitchen
- 5 meals with a Spanish & English speaker staff member
- Visit to local markets: fruits, veggies and meat product production
- Local wine and cheese tasting
- Guided visit to OLIMENDROS, olive oil press and bottling company
- IH Murcia English speaker staff at all times
SPANISH AND COOKING
Lessons / week:
20 Spanish lessons
10 cooking classes
1 lesson =
Spanish lessons from 10,00 h. to 13,30 h.
Afternoon cooking lessons & activities
1 or 2 weeks
from A2 to C1
No. of students:
min. 2 max. 5